Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 1 February 2018

Growing

It's growing
 Neat edges, with ends worked in as I go along
 50cm or 20 " long
 New blooms forming 
 Plus an Orchid, these I love 
I have rested my back loads, with plenty of time to crochet my ripple blanket, I am enjoying the pale colours, it's now 50cm long, so it really does feel like a blanket. It is wider than I expected, I have always knitted loose and so my crochet is the same. The design is simple and I am now not requiring to check notes, I just sit and hook, I even do it whilst watching TV. Still not decided what to use it for, I have done 4 rounds of each colour, and have enough to do another round before I use up my 1st ball of each colour, I have 2 balls of each colour left. I am thinking of a cot blanket, in which case I can make another granny square blanket in matching colours. I think if I use the pale colours for myself I am always going to be worried it will get dirty.
I watched The Miniaturist on BBC this week, I recorded in December, I did enjoy watching, but felt the second episode was not as good, the first built up tensions.
I have added all my steps for January, divided by 31 (days in the month) and have an average daily figure of 6,658 steps, I am pleased, the first week in January I did hardly any steps, so this is higher than I expected.
We are having a cold sunny morning, so it's a day at home, Will is coming over soon for the afternoon, hubby is home to help with him, I am avoiding picking him up, I can hold him OK.

11 comments:

  1. Blanket looks gorgeous, it's a long time since I did a ripple. I have several UFO's I am determined to finish first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a ripple in the coastal colours and it lives on the sofa back. It is ready to be pulled over us (and Ben) if it turns chilly and we are too lazy to get up and put the heating on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the moment when crocheting a blanket that it actually becomes a blanket. It seems to take forever and then al of a sudden it appears. Yous is very pretty. Kind of beachy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is gorgeous....what pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and design of the blanket, it's growing quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is coming along really well. I read the book of The Miniaturist in January and really enjoyed it. Beautiful blooms. Continue to rest the back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers. Have fun with Will but do take care of your back!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket's lovely, such pretty colours. I think the ripple pattern is my favourite, the one I made for Eleanor is my favourite of all the crochet blankets I've made. I watched and enjoyed The Miniaturist at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours in your blanket, I've never tried the ripple pattern, maybe i will get around to it one day.
    I didn't get an Amaryllis this year, completely forgot about it! I have missed watching one grow and those beautiful flowers though.

    Hope your back pain has improved more now, nothing worse.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ripple blanket is looking lovely and has grown so much whist you have been resting your back.
    I too enjoyed the first episode of the miniaturist and felt the second wasn't up to scratch. I had read the book so maybe was expecting too much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty colours, and you're getting on with it at quite a pace! Not sure how you find the time, I turn my back and you've got a week's worth of blog posts to catch up on :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails