Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 27 September 2017

September tidy

We had our tree cut back again
We do like to keep it small, which matches our little plot
 I have started moving plants into the greenhouse
 This begonia never left the greenhouse this summer
We can see it from our sitting room, loads of lovely colour.
 I popped to the library and got a couple more books 
Baby logic 
It's been a quiet week so far, I'm still full of cold and cough, every time I think it's going, I find it comes back. Yesterday I had Will for most of the day, he is full of cold and teething, mummy was tired and needed to get loads done, so he came here and I spent most of the day playing or cuddling Will. He is not sleeping well, too blocked up to sleep for long. Love this photo, typical child play with the box.
This morning I was in the garden, the guy who sorted our tree, was quick efficient and very careful in our garden, he kept checking he was doing the tree as we wanted. I have saved some branches and tucked them beside my shed, so it is a den if the hedgehog wants to use it.
I have started digging up plants  and placing them in the greenhouse. I have not yet put the Olive inside, the weather is not cool enough. I am trying to ensure I have a bit more room in the greenhouse this winter. I will soon pack away all my garden ornaments and metal birds, I see no reason to leave them out, when I have storage room in my shed.
I have been to the village this morning, it's market day, I did not purchase anymore plants, the garden is full. I have been picking late raspberries, they are lovely at this time of year.

7 comments:

  1. Your garden still looks lovely even this late in the year. I've read a few Liane Moriarty books which I've really enjoyed but not this one, it's on the list though. Hope you and Will both feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, some colds and coughs do seem to linger on for weeks :( hope you feel better soon. Your garden is so lovely and neat, I fear ours will never be neat as Betty regards it all as an adventure playground and thinks nothing of trampling over everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden still looks lovely and green. Hope Will gets better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply love your darling garden! Little will is something else isn't he and so cute too! Sorry for that annoying cold of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book Suggestion . . The series about Stephanie Plum. I have ad one of the books since we moved and FINALly read it . . . now I'm hooked. I can't remember the name of the author but the series is numbered. I think I read #2, now I went back read "One for the Money" and am now on "Two for the Dough."

    Hard to explain . . . she is an inept Bounty Hunter working for her sleazy uncle. If anything can happen, it happens to her.

    Good Murder Mysteries with very little said about the murders . . no violence and gore, but a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will looks like he's having fun.
    Your garden does look lovely. Your guy did a great job with the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is looking beautifully organised and tidy - I am envious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails