Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 1 February 2016

Green fingers

Our poor Magnolia tree
it simply does not know what season it is
it should recover it has in previous years
 We have a bit of colour in the garden
Daffodils are in bloom
 Hubby has requested more Fuchsia's in the garden
so these were £1.99 each, I will grow them on
plus a couple sneaky Geranium's
 Coleus is another favourite of his and mine
I should have 3 great plants by the summer 
 African violets are doing well
just need to see some buds soon
 I don't have anywhere to start too many seeds inside this year,
 but I am hoping to start chilies and cucumbers soon.
The weekend was very restful, we popped to a garden center, we did then go to Lee on the Solent, but it was breezy and cold so we did not go for a walk. A brisk walk to the village and post box, made up for the walk we missed.

So 1st of Feb, great news on my craft spend, last year £122.06 ( to be fair a Christmas present of Xyron cutting machine gave way to purchases of dies at reduced prices) this year £24.29 so I spent £97.99 less than last year, a great start.
I am on target for 52 things in 2016. I got the car washed yesterday for £5.00, just too cold for the bucket and sponge. We have been for our walk this evening, so I'm feeling good.
I have not done much stitching, I have started reading The Angel Tree by Lucinda Riley, I'm enjoying it, it was lovely to curl up in a chair most of yesterday and read, plus lovely hubby made scones, with cream and jam.

5 comments:

  1. So loving your plants ...makes me realise Spring and beyond well it isn't too far away.....this is such a tricky time not one season or another..but the wish for Spring so evident in your post..made me smile one a wet day here.xxx thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What color Heart would you like me to make for you?

    Your flowers look so nice. I am thinking about starting some African Violets when we finally move to Indiana. We have the BEST East facing windows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the low spend for crafting last month.
    Lots of lovely plants you'll be nurturing for the warmer weather.
    Candlemas Day today, do you follow the weather proverb, we've got sun here so they say winter is not over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden will be wonderful this year, and already is with the daffs and so on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plants are very pretty. Good job on the spending.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails