Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Catch up

Oh to be a cat in winter
 Flowers in the garden, still plentiful

 Chillies, these tiny ones are very hot
Still in greenhouse
 Christmas tree still looking OK
I asked last time for recommendations for books to read, 
I had two, so they are on their way to me, 
I let you go by Clare Mackintosh sounds perfect, 
and The Saffron Trail by Rosanna Ley, 
December is going to be another good book month. 
Last night Sam and I read a new book, we both loved it
Cynthia was sent to the North Pole  because she loved Christmas all year.
She did save Christmas, but you will have to read it to find out how.
I got home just after 3 today, quick forage into the garden, few photo's and then hubby took me to a Cash and Carry, Bookers, we have a card from a friend to use for ourselves. The butchery department is really good and we have stocked up on beef chunks, chicken breast and bacon, most has been separated and popped into the freezer. We got some wonderful bargains, hand soap 6 for £3.99, same for shower gel, I normally get them when they are on offer, generally about £1 each. We were careful, it is so easy to overspend in those places, we got just a couple of items for Christmas and a bottle of Monin Caramel, we had it in coffee last time we were in France, it's also good on ice cream. We have enough cat food to last into the new year. So we should be able to avoid the supermarkets for a bit longer. 
Our new lady in work has been used in a different department, which has upset a couple of people in the office, it does make good business sense to move her to a department who needs a replacement quickly, our security passes can take up to 12 weeks to come through. It does not bother me, we are doing OK as a department, and are working well with in our dates to get things done.
I have done more stitching, photo's next time. 

7 comments:

  1. The kitties look quite cozy. Your flowers are still lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cats look lovely and snug in their beds. I hope you enjoy I Let You Go, try not to read any reviews as you really don't want anything giving away in this book to spoil it for you. There's some fabulous children's books, aren't there? I wish I was still reading to my kids, I don't have an excuse to buy anything like The Sheep That Saved Christmas any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cosy kitty's, wish my cat would sleep in one and not end up sprawled out on the dining room table next to the radiator (we don't eat off that table unless there are lots of us, we use the kitchen one every day - so no cat fur in my food!)
    The picture from your book is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Xmas tree is looking a lot healthier than mine, I think mine drowned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cats look cosy, Rocky hound is very much enjoying lying in his bed which is by the radiator! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kitties look warm and cozy! I envy that you still have flowers blooming. We finally had a killing frost the last two nights! I had to buy a pretty blooming Mum at the store to have pretty flowers in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be a cat in your house.....they look so cosy and snug.

    Cannot believe you still have cosmos in bloom, your garden must be very sheltered ?

    The children's book looks great............I love reading stories to my Grandchildren.


    Sounds like you had a good time at the cash and carry .........bargains.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails