Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 17 August 2014

Summer holidays at Nanna's and Grancha's

We played in the local park each day, the boys using their scooters to get there.
 One day Grancha came with us, 
 We saw loads of guns at Fort Nelson, with interesting things to sit on.
 This is a real bullet, bigger than Josh
 This is the gun that fires it, all three boys were impressed with the size of it,  it was mounted on a train track. Josh read every thing he could find out about it, there were only ever 4 made, he was able to see how far it could fire on a local map. We spent a lovely day here, there is so much space to run around and they can touch most of them.
 We went into the tunnels, too dark for decent photo's, and ran around, found more guns, and then outside to the top of the walls, the views of the countryside are stunning up here, but these two did not notice.
 The past week has been perfect, it is fun to have the boys with us, so much laughter and fun, Josh wanted to join in when we were out and was a great big brother and cousin. Sammy slept over two night's, one night was planned, he did not want to go home the second night. Now the house looks a mess and is quiet, back to normal life.
Back to stitching
 I did manage to get some stitching done in the evenings,
 Logan and Sam were in bed both nights by 7pm,
 not necessarily asleep, but in bed.
 I have done loads of the filling in the center panel, just the bottom to finish. I am not happy with the yellow flower I have stitched here, I will do the other parts and if I still am unhappy, I will unpick them, the designer had all the flowers in this section blue, but I really want some yellow in here.
We spent yesterday driving, returning Logan back home to Somerset, I forgot how bad the roads can be on a Saturday, Sammy went back home to loads of cuddles with mummy and daddy, Sammy had never stayed away without Josh before.
Today I will tidy the house, later Fliss and Josh is popping over for lunch, Sammy is off to a party.
This week I am driving Fliss, Sammy and Josh to Somerset to stay with Fliss's dad for a few days, I will stay with my brother and catch up with Leanna my sister. We will be home by the weekend.
No other plans, but I will get some stitching in.
My window sill garden is thriving, my Lemon pip now has a shoot and a couple of leaves, all very small but healthy. The avocado root is now over an inch long and I can see others forming, I have loads of hope on this window sill.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've been having lots of fun with the boys staying. Your cross stitch is really beautiful, I like the yellow flower, it gives it a lift somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hanging in my friend. Loved your grandchild post. Our summer has been filled with the grandkids too. They are the most fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you have added to the sampler sure made it "POP". When I scrolled to the first photo it just jumped out of the page . . . so pretty and colorful.

    And the b oys have grown so much since last year's photos. WOW ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had fun Marlene. More great progress.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are having a great time with the grandkids.

    Your sampler is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails