Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 11 May 2014

Stash and stitching

Popped to Hobbycraft today, need some more DMC threads for European Cushion, most expensive way to buy them, but it was a nice day out, hubby was not so impressed to be in there with me. 
 I have started sewing the inner panels, alot of this section has the DMC 3041, so I am pushing on with this colour. Still not sure if I am going to change many colours, I think it's a stitch and see.
 Up close, nice and neat.
 Dave the bear with my badges for the two rides for this year, Ride of Respect and Ride to the Wall, I have not yet made up my mind, the choice, should I make a waistcoat for Dave and add the badges and take him with us, or make a sash to go over my leathers and wear with the badges on. I have a few more pin badges as well.
We did pop to a garden centre, which happens to be next door to Hobbycraft, we purchased some new bird feeders, there are loads of starlings and their young around and they love the meal worms.
I also purchased some Basil plants, none of my seeds have grown this year. I aways plant Basil in the same tubs as Tomato's they each improve the flavour of the other plant.
It's a nice sunny evening here, my stitching is calling, garden is all tidy and looking good.

I have been asked about the designs I have recent stitched, most have been freebies, some found on Pintrest or blogs I am following, send me a message if there are any you would like to stitch, I can then send you the links.

4 comments:

  1. Great progress Marlene.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave the bear looks very pleased to be displaying your badges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching looks beautiful! Very even and neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must have missed this post!!! Love Dave the bear :) your sewing as always is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails