Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Sea, sand or countryside

We tried both on our time away
 This is the view from our bedroom balcony, looking over the pier and Little Orm and towards the huge beach, at llandudno We stayed at The Grand, clean but not so grand any more, but we had the best location, overlooking every thing. The town is thriving loads of shops and every thing very clean, a resort for family's and not hen/stag parties.
 4am sunrise, it was just perfect, no reason for the time we just woke up and snapped what we saw.
 Great Orm
 We took the cable car up and the tram down, the views were stunning, I have found it very hard just to pick these few photo's. It was breezy on top but worth the visit, you are able to drive up, but the views from the cable car made the ride worth while.
 The cable car went on forever, and I hate heights, 
but there was no way I was going to miss these views. 
 Branston Hall, near Lincoln, 
we were here to rest for two days, the welcome was great.
 The grounds are huge, some are cultured and loads left to nature, 
with neat walking paths. 
 Yet again very hard to pick just a few photo's
 The hotel was very restful, we used the spa and spent loads of time in the lounge, just relaxing, I did manage to do a bit of stitching, show you next time. Dinner was one of the best meals I have had in ages.
 By the way, I love tree's and this view of the lake is perfect
The weather was perfect for us, we have relaxed and had fun, and I took loads of photo's using my new camera.

In this case the country side won out, every thing here was perfect, reminded me of the village I grew up in.
Oh well back to the real world.

Only put on a pound so not to bad, now back to the job search and laundry.

2 comments:

  1. Were all of the windows in your picture of The Grand all part of The Grand? If so, it must be just HUGE ! ! !

    Have you ever tried putting a small lid of beer on your garden to attract the slugs? I have always had luck with that. Poor little buggers crawl in and can't get out. Should be a word to the wise to young kids not to drink. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Llandudno looks super, it's somewhere I have been recommended to visit but never got there yet. Your pics have moved it up the 'must go to'list.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails