Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Just stitching

 The weather is terrible, so we stay in and I stitch, 
what bliss, 
the snow has gone, washed away by rain, but it is so cold.
I am getting along well with Dreams sampler, it is quick to stitch, 
I'm loving the way I have mixed these colours, the flowers look stunning. 
It's going to be a big project.
 Just a bit each night and it grows
loving the clean lines, and can't wait for the next sections
with more colours.
 Just started the flowers which sit in the corners, they are placed through out the design, 12 in all. I changed my mind at the last moment and have gone with this yellow, the brow was a bit dull. It all adds to the spring feel of this. I will soon be finished this 1st section, and like last year I will be waiting for the 2nd section, I love Angie's stitch along, they always leave me wanting the next stage.
 Josh and Sammy came to play on Sunday, both were such good boys. I had fun in the snow with Josh as I was clearing the snow off my car, he was throwing snow balls at me, loads of laughter. I was a perfect Nanna, most of my snow balls missed Josh. 
 Sammy with Josh's sun glasses on, 
Sammy would make a great hippy, must be in the blood,  
taking after his Nanna.
Nothing much happening here, just rain, and more rain, at least it washed away all the snow, we do have to watch later this week, might get a bit more, but we are lucky along the South coast, we miss most of the worst weather.

Stay warm and dry, I'm off to stitch, pop over to my new blog and check my today's photo.

7 comments:

  1. It's soooo pretty! I love the purples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is beautiful. Your grandsons are cuties:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitching is so lovely! And I love the pictures of the little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty project. Being a grandparent gives you licence to be in your second childhood, I had a ride on the sledge at the weekend with my granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is looking great...beautiful colours. What cute grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your stitching, and the Dreams sampler! noticed your color changes, it is looking good! what fabric are you stitching on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous stitching! I love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails