Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 1 April 2011

April showers

We have had three breezy days in a row, and rain, well April is here, can you see what has happened to our Magnolia tree in our back garden, most of the blossom has come off.
Typical, as my mum used to say " March in like a lamb, out like a lion", well we have had the attack in our part of England. We plan to lay a new lawn this month, the front small plot is my veg garden, and the second smaller plot has raspberries and strawberries planted.
This weekend is Mothering Sunday, my mum passed away five years ago, I still miss her. I have seen on other blogs, ladies showing work they have from their mum's, sadly I don't have any of my mum's work, in her later years her hands were twisted and she was unable to do any stitching. But I hope to have loads for my daughters, infact I have far to much stitching work. I do have a crochet blanket she did for me, I don't use it, I want it to last.

On Sunday, Kev and I are going out,
on his motorbike if the weather fore caste is good,
so fingers crossed.

I hope you all have a good weekend, what ever you are doing.

2 comments:

  1. I love your magnolia tree, so pretty.

    My Mum used to be a cross stitcher, but she has other interests now (animal rescue and her granddaughter). Her mother and grandmother did various needlecrafts, but sadly we don't know where it ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marlene, lovely to see a garden pic, lucky you, at least you are heading towards spring and summer. Hope those April Showers bring you lots of flowers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails