Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 19 February 2011

Friday night stitch in, Peter's here

I settled down at 4.30 yesterday, stopped to have tea and then stitched all evening, I know whilst I was stitching loads of ladies were at work due to the time difference. But it did feel fun to think there was 170 of us all doing the same thing. You can follow here

I decided to work on my family sampler, and as you can see Peter Rabbit, is now on here, this represents Su's childhood. I placed him next to Grace, under where I will stitch our grand children's names, I was going to put something of Fliss's, but she thought Josh would love Thomas the Tank engine, so I am looking for a small pattern to do.
I also finished the poppy on the top panel, this will be my " How does your garden grow section. I had stitched a small sunflower here, but I ripped it out, it did not look right.
Below is my sampler so far, I am so pleased with it, but not sure what I will do next, I have a camera and motorbike for Kev to go on, as always the plans are in my head, and change all the time.
It's another wet day here, so we have no plans to go out. I want to work on my dolls house at some time, and also go back to my sleeping cats.
Hope you all have a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Wow , I'm really impressed with your dieas , it's looking so good already .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sampler is so beautiful! Really amazing and it's great to know that every little piece of it has some personal meaning:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you are doing . . . samplers made with thought hold a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sampler, so personal to your family and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a very cute sampler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family sampler will be amazing. Very personal and a great keepsake for your family. I love your Peter Rabbit! He holds a special place in my heart also :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails