Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 9 August 2010

My goodness it's August already

It was again a busy weekend, the time is passing so quickly, today we have 19 days until Su and Gav get married, everything is ready for them, just hoping for a sunny day.

I have managed to do some stitching on my cushion, I have added the next new design, and have stitched 71 out of 100 squares, this design has a lot of white stitches, which is hard on the eyes. I have not yet decided on the last two patterns, I have a few ideas in my head, but will make the decision when I have finished this last design.

I also brought wool at the weekend and knitted my first hat, I got the pattern from the internet, it knits on four needles, and does not require sewing together,I love the random wool colours, now I have the pattern details I will make a couple more with different lace bands. It is so easy to pop on a hat, than tie a scarf.

On Sunday we went out with Su, Gav, his daughter Shannon and his parents, she has just turned four and this was her day out, she loves birds so we went to a wetland centre at Arundel, had fun feeding the very tame ducks, I enjoyed seeing all the wild flowers on the site, and had the very British Sunday lunch at a pub. Below is Shannon playing.

The garden is looking good, below are flowers out at this time.




I am having my second chemo tomorrow, the past three weeks have not been too bad, I am aware the side effects get worse the more sessions you have, but fingers crossed it won't be too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails