Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 18 July 2010

Another Sunday update

It has been dull and wet here for the past week.

I have spent my time between hospital visits, ( 3 times this week) and making Su's wedding dress, most of the dress is done, I hope to have it all sorted by the end of Monday.

The weather has helped the garden, above is a dahlia, with rain drops on, I love the bright red pompoms, below is our front corner garden, the plants looks good, I love the red Saliva and Kev loves the Marigolds.

Kev has finished painting the walls in the hall, and I have had fun putting things on the wall, the cross stitch below is one I did a couple of years ago and reminds me of Tom, the markings are very similar. I still think of him most days and ask Grace if she stills misses his as we all do.

Back to my cushion front, I am on 59 out of 100, I have just the last harlequin to finish, I do not know what to do next, I have 4 more patterns to add, I want to look again at what patterns to us to finish it.

Whilst in the hall I took a quick snap of our bookshelf. We have books in every room of the house, In the hall I keep small amusing books, easy to pick up and glance through, we have books on Wales(for Kev) and England (for me). I confess to owning most of these, but the Golf book is defiantly Kev's.
On Tuesday I have my first chemo, I have packed a bag with things to red, sew etc, I expect to be in the hospital most of the day and then home to rest.

But first we are off the the New Forest on the bike with friends this afternoon ( it's Su's mum and dad in-law to be) we get on well and all have a love of bikes. This time I will take my camera and get some photo's, fingers crossed the sun will show its self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails