Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 13 June 2010

Sunny Sunday

It's a another sunny Sunday morning here, Kev is on the golf course and will be home soon, Grace is sunning herself in the garden. I have had my op and I'm feeling rather good. Slow on my feet but Ok. Yesterday when I came out of hospital both Fliss and Su and their other half's came to visit and Josh had done this beautiful drawing of his favorite group The Wiggles.


Our floor has been laid and I am very pleased with the results, we are almost there, but for the mo everything is on hold. For the next few weeks it's recovery time for me.


Just so you can see the results so far.

The garden is coming along well,
we had our first strawberry yesterday and there are more to come.

The veg plot is doing well, Kev now has the task of watering each night.

Our flowers are doing well, I love the reds, pinks and purples in these blue pots.


I have not done any cross stitching as yet, I need to rest my top half, but I have read a brilliant book called " What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarty, Alice knocks her head and wakes up forgetting 10 years of her life, in which she has three children, that's all the plot you will get from me, just a gripping read.

I'm home now for quite a while, I have had a mastectomy and my other side reduced, so I have to be careful whilst the wounds heal. I feel very lucky to have a great husband, who has been beside me all the way, I have seen some horror struck hubbies following their wives around the unit, but my man walks beside me. Two daughters who are such fun and give me loads to look forward to this year, Su getting married and Fliss expecting our second grand child. My sister Leanna, who is there for me but gives me space when I need it and the greatest bunch of friends.
I hope this information does not upset you, life is strange at the mo but it is worth living.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you heal soon. Just take it easy and know that I am thinking of you with healing thoughts. You have so much to look forward to with a wedding and a new baby on the way. Also a wonderful hubby. Your spirit is just so inspiring. I always look forward to reading your blog. Take care of yourself and keep letting us know how you are doing. Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails